Job Description / Duties
Mission of Valley Christian:
The mission of Valley Christian is that students know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, live like Him, and prepare academically, physically, socially, and spiritually, so they are enabled to make a difference in the world.
The Fine Arts Coordinator & Events is a key representative of the Fine Arts Director. This employee works alongside the Fine Arts Director to support the vision and mission of the school within the lane of Fine Arts. This employee is responsible for organization, creative strategy, bookkeeping, communication, scheduling, event coordination, uniforms, music library, document creation, spreadsheet management, customer service, and personal assistant tasks.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Fine Arts Event Coordination: Including designing shows/events, to do lists, emails, itinerary preparation, tech script updates, registrations, activities, ticket sales, supplies, decorations, programs, PowerPoint, catering, transportation, liaison to host sites, sponsorship ads, uniform/costume creative oversight and ordering for vocal shows and Christmas Extravaganza, personal assistant tasks
- Event Coordination: Fine Arts events may include Back to School Night, Night of Worship, Valley’s The Voice, Trojan Tournament, Trojan Welcome Night, Open House, Spiritual Emphasis Conferences, and more.
- Finances: Track Choir Development Budget in conjunction with Fine Arts Director, Development Office, and Business Office Administrator to process invoices and scholarship paperwork documentation. Create and track finances such as student fundraising and tour accounts, collect money and keep accurate records as well as communicate with parents regarding status of financial accounts for their student.
- Music Hall: Assist with organization of Music Hall and offices therein. Ordering supplies and materials when needed, updating choir bulletin board and Music Hall Lobby display/décor, ongoing organization of the music library including check in/out music system (folder prep/music catalogue update and inventory/music stamping), copying/binding music
- Communication: Communicate with parents and staff regarding department items, including VINE ILPs, scheduling of Department meetings, concerts, tours, meeting minutes
- Tours: Tour preparations such as type riser charts, complete 1st aid kits, coordinate tour meals, review itinerary, order tickets, coordinate with travel agents, point of contact as needed, finance reports for tour and each student, personal assistant items for Fine Arts Director
- Type and maintain course items such as: documents, handbooks, Choir Awards Night (update choir points per student and print new award tally sheets and provide awards), sub folder, uniforms, costumes, props
- Maintain scheduling for Fine Arts Director
- Available to sub (in some cases, lead) an elective or after school activity, and/or drive school vehicle based on need
- Adhere to Valley Christian policies, procedures/processes, and codes
- Performs other related assigned duties
Qualifications / Required Skills
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- An Associate degree or higher degree preferred in a related field
- Experience in event planning and performing arts (music/theatre/Christian ministry events)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in an office setting (creative arts, music, theatre, event planning, or church preferred)
- Must be a Christian with a consistent testimony among his/her family, peers, and students
- Must have and maintain a valid level one IVP fingerprint card
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver license
- Must have a strong office background with experience filing, composing emails, answering calls, taking messages, and other related tasks
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to multi-task with organization
- Ability to establish initiative and sound judgement and to react with discretion under varying conditions
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
- Must be able to function properly under time constraints and perform well under pressure
- Must be a team player, especially as the face of the ministry
- Must be able to be punctual and have regular attendance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with outside vendors and businesses
- Ability to work after hours for events and during summer months (June & July)
- Ability to dream big, laugh easily, implement systems that improve efficiency, be fiercely loyal to the team, and have the heart of worship
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Must have good physical stamina and energy
- Must be able to work during prolonged periods of standing and walking at events
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and climb ladders at times
- Some travel, less than 5% with 7-10 days of out-of-state travel per year
Background Check Statement:
VCS conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Salary: Salary range is $40,000 – 45,000 per year and is commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, click here: VCS Career Page
Valley Christian Schools offers students in Kindergarten through 12th Grade big school opportunities in a small school environment. Established in 1982, VCS provides 900+ students a distinctly Christian education with excellent academics, championship athletics, award-winning fine arts and a supporting community that encourages spiritual growth and the success of our students in and out of the classroom across our three East Valley campuses. Valley Christian is ranked as one of the Top 50 Christian high schools in the U.S., the #1 Christian High School in Arizona, and as one of the Top 125 Places to Work in Arizona. For more information visit, www.valleychristianaz.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Valley Christian Schools does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, or age. However, Valley Christian Schools is a Christian educational institution and, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. It is our desire to build an employee community of individuals who are currently actively living out their Christian faith and are in agreement with our policies outlined in Valley Christian Schools’ Employee Handbook.