Emerging Leaders Awards
Designed to recognize and support NATS teachers with no more than ten years of teaching experience, this grant will help selected winners attend sessions, network with colleagues, and enjoy all the benefits available at the NATS Conference. Winners will receive up to $750 to pay for expenses for travel, housing, registration, food, and other related costs for attendance at the 53rd NATS National Conference in Boston, July 5-9, 2014.
- Applicants must be FULL members in good standing, with no more than ten years of full-time teaching, or the part-time equivalent.
- Applicants should be active in NATS Chapter, District, and Regional activities.
- For 2014, applicants must be from Cal-Western, Mid-Atlantic, Mid-South, New England, Southern, Southeastern, and Texoma regions. Applicants from other regions will be eligible for the 2016 awards.
- Prior participants in the NATS Intern Program and winners of the YOUNG LEADERS AWARD will not be eligible to apply.
January 24, 2014. Completed applications with all required materials must be received in the NATS Executive Office by the deadline date. Late entries will not be considered for the award.
Submit the following application materials via the online application form:
- Reasons for applying for this award.
- Summary of Chapter, District, and Regional NATS activities
- Names and contact information for two references
- Names and contact information for two letters of recommendation (will be solicited through application portal)
Click here to apply
Past Emerging Leaders